Saturday, July 21, 2018

Dick Douglas, Retired SRPD Captain, Has Passed Away

Several people have notified me that Dick Douglas, Retired SRPD Captain, has passed away.  I called his home this morning and spoke to his widow.  I'm sorry but I could not understand her first name when she gave it to me.  Here is the information I have to share. 

Dick lived in Paradise, California after moving there from Marin many years ago.  He is survived by his widow and at least one child, Dane Douglas.

Dick passed away on Friday, July 13, 2018 in Paradise.  He has been battling for many years with lung and heart diseases.

According to his widow, there will be a Funeral Mass on Saturday, July 28, 2018, at 11:00 am at Saint Thomas More Catholic Church, Paradise, CA, 767 Elliott Road, Paradise, CA 95969-3913, Phone:   (530) 877-4501.

She said flowers can be sent directly to the church.  She is going to have her friend who speaks better English call me back with more information.

Here is her address and phone:

350 Starlight Ct.

Paradise CA 95969

United States of America

(530) 872-7592

Woody Hoke said he is planning to attend the Funeral Mass and asked if anyone wants to also attend perhaps we can go up as a group.

If you're able to attend, reply back and Woody can coordinate the trip.

Dick was one hell of a cop and a great investigator and supervisor.  I worked for and with Dick over many years at the department and in a variety of assignments.  He had a wonderful sense of humor and a great attitude about law enforcement and San Rafael.

He was very active in the San Rafael Police Officers Association and instrumental in helping to move us from Social Security to our current retirement plan (MCERA).  He was also a key negotiator for the rank and file of the PD and the City of San Rafael.

Dick will be missed!

Below is one of several pictures I have of Dick.  Picture from Joe Leonard's collection.

71

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your name to your message because your blogger id may not give us your name. It helps me determine if your are a retired or current member of SRPD and that helps decide if your message gets posted.

If you do not wish to post your name in your comment, then please send a private e-mail to me at genepenn1@gmail.com. Please include your name and the message you have submitted a comment on so I can approve it. Thanks.