Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tragic News - Phil Green Died Last Night

Dated February 10, 2013

I just learned that Phil Green, retired Twin Cities Chief of Police and San Rafael PD Lt., passed away in his sleep last night while on vacation in the Paso Robles area.  He was with his wife, Chris and her sister and husband.  I spoke to Chris's sister a few minutes ago and she said she'll be with Chris for the next several days and will drive her home in a couple of days. 

I asked if there was anything we could do and she said many of Phil and Chris's family and close friends are helping but thanked me for the offer.

She said that more information will be forthcoming in the next few days.

I am so totally shocked and sad.  Phil saved my life and was a close friend.  It hurts to know he is gone.  He will be missed.

Update February 20, 2013

Phil Green's obituary appears in today's Marin IJ. 


-- 

Update February 23, 2013

A nice article about the Celebration of Life for Phil.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your name to your message because your blogger id may not give us your name. It helps me determine if your are a retired or current member of SRPD and that helps decide if your message gets posted.

If you do not wish to post your name in your comment, then please send a private e-mail to me at genepenn1@gmail.com. Please include your name and the message you have submitted a comment on so I can approve it. Thanks.